In pursuing its operational goals Bevee will collect required information about its users.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In addition to other information which may be required from time to time, we may collect the following information about our users:
- Personal information, provided through the voluntary registration or use of the Website including name, email address, residential address, telephone number, gender, date of birth and password
- Identity documents to verify the personal information, after positive identification these documents are deleted from our server.
- Bevee does not store nor accept financial information on the website. This functionality is handled by an authorised PCI DSS Compliant Payment Gateway.
- Bevee use information such as a favourite list, transaction history and marketing preferences.
- Writing, email, or phone communications you have with us.
- Online information, including details of your browser, domain name and IP address, and the details of any website you linked from to the Website.
WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR DATA
We take protection of your card and user data extremely seriously.
The following steps are active on our website to prevent your data from falling into the wrong hands:
- Payment information is never handled by the website. Our payment provider Stripe (www.stripe.com) creates a virtual environment on our checkout page. While it looks like the ‘Enter your card Details’ input is on our checkout page, it is really their very secure and internationally audited and trusted payment input!
- If you select to save your card details, these details are never stored on our site. Stripe receives your card details and returns to Bevee, a token to recognize your card by. Next time you press checkout using a saved card, the token is sent to Stripe. At this point, Stripe checks the token and makes sure the token was sent from Bevee’s site.
- The input and transmission of user data such as email addresses and passwords are encrypted using our SSL Certificate as they are transmitted to the Bevee website. You can see this by the green secure padlock to the left of the Bevee url!
These security steps are in compliance with industry best practice. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us using the details at the botton of this page.
Cookies are text files placed on a user’s computer for the purpose of collecting non-personal visitor behaviour information and information about operating systems, domain names, and IP addresses. The information collected is anonymous.
HOW IS USERS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
We may use the information collected from our users for various purposes, such as:
- Responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests users may have made, and other customer care issues.
- Determining your suitability to setup an account with us and use the Services.
- Monitoring, developing and administering the Website.
- Performing the Services and any assistance required in connection with the Services.
- Satisfying obligations between you and us arising from any contracts.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction in respect of our role as provider of the Services.
HOW DO WE SHARE USERS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information may be disclosed to other parties and service providers we use to assist us in improving our Website, services and online profile.
We may also disclose any of the personal information we hold:
- for the purposes for which the information was collected;
- with your express consent;
- for any purpose which is permitted under the Privacy Act 1993;
- in relation to any proposed purchase or acquisition of our business or assets; or
- as required by applicable law or any court, or in response to a request by a law enforcement agency.
HOW DO WE STORE USERS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The information that we collect may be stored in New Zealand or overseas. Users’ personal information may be stored in our electronic database or in print form.
Users’ personal information will be kept in order to satisfy our purposes. In such cases we will comply with all relevant legislation and regulations.
Users’ personal information will be kept secure using generally accepted standards of security.
A user of Bevee may access some of the personal information that we hold about them in the “User” section of the Website.
Users may request access to all information held about them, or that any false information be corrected, by contacting Bevee at:
109 Portland Road,
Along with a brief description of the information one would like a copy of, please let us know:
- email address;
- phone number; and
- address registered with Bevee