$22.99

Colere Sauvignon Blanc Semillon

Sauvignon Blanc – Semillon was made by precise and gentle handling of fruit, fermentation and settling. For me this wine displays the clarity of varietal expression in a difficult season. A testament to the hard work of the Stephenson’s in the vineyard, together with subtle creative winemaking.

The fruit was hand-picked and sorted, 60% Whole-bunch-pressed, half of this juice to tank, half to seasoned French barrels-fermented with indigenous yeasts and aged for a further 12 months on full solids. The remaining 40% fruit destemmed, crushed and left soaking on skins for ten hours, pressed to seasoned French barrels-fermented with indigenous yeasts, allowed to go through full malolactic fermentation to soften acids and aged for a further 12 months on full solids. Bottled unfined and unfiltered, with 50mg/L total SO2.

There’s a true prettiness to this wine, it’s driven by the freshness and joyful personality. This leaps out of the glass with thoughts of feijoa, elderflower and freshly split green peas. There’s enough flesh from the high solids barrel/malo components to fill out the space between the high acid tones. A lively and fun wine on the pallet.”

Quantity: